ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA at Oregon: Who will win? Who do we want to win?

ex'dute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2012
We are in a bye week, but the league will have another chance to make a national impact with College Gameday in Eugene for the Bruins vs. the Ducks.

The loser will join us and USC as one-loss teams in league games, while the winner will be alone atop the conference standings. It may be better for the Utes — and the conference as a whole — to have UCLA win out, since they already have the tie-breaker over us. With no more division, we would play the Bruins in the title game if both of us win the rest of our games. UCLA would likely be in the Top 4 of the CFP (at 12-0) heading to Vegas. I would probably hope for that — if UCLA hadn't decided to join USC and bolt to the Big 10.

Now I'm hoping the L.A. schools lose every game against the remaining schools. So for me, I'm hoping the Ducks win this weekend. Oregon also has tough games remaining at Washington and Oregon State. I could see the Ducks finishing with two league losses even if they beat UCLA on Saturday.

The L.A. schools, on the other hand, have much easier schedules the second half of the conference season. Both of them only have one other really tough game remaining — against each other on Nov. 19, the same day we play Oregon.

Anyway, who do you think will win in the UCLA at Oregon game and why?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News