ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Pick your three favorite wins in the nine-win streak

Which three victories are your favorites? As we're all bored out of our gourds, tell us why.

Votes: 6 31.6%

Votes: 13 68.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2015 Royal something something Las Vegas Bowl

Votes: 5 26.3%

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 9 47.4%

Votes: 13 68.4%

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

socal521rivals

All-American Poster
Jan 17, 2006
These “pick 3” deals have been going around. A UCLA fan friend of mine sent it to me by text: a grid with an image from all nine of Utah’s consecutive wins. You pick your three favorites.

2019: 30-12 @ BYU Nine is here. Double pick sixes. “They so poo poo.”

2018: 35-27 in SLC. Biggest comeback in the history of the Rivalry. Bizzaro-world game to the Purple Las Vegas Bowl as Utah snoozes through the first half and roars back in the second, especially the fourth quarter. Blackmon’s pick six and Shelley's leaping tall DBs in a single bound, turn momentum.

No Moss, No Huntley, No problem.

2017: 19-13 @ BYU. Utah dominates statistically, but settles for four Matt Gay FGs. BYU scores a garbage time TD to make the score seem respectable.

“Another group of seniors to never taste defeat.” Kyle flashes V II (Seven) on the way out. Jaylon Johnson first career pick.

2016:

Taysom Hill and Jamaal Williams vs. Troy Williams and Tim Patrick. Three of these guys in the NFL. Lots of turnovers. Big game from Francis Bernard, now a LB. Kalani goes for two and the win.

2015 Las Vegas Bowl: Brent Musberger feeling sorry for his Mormon friends because they can’t drink to forget this first half start. 35-0.

Frustrating second half. Utah hangs on 35-28.

Francis Bernard makes his appearance, scoring for BYU as a RB.

2013: 20-13 @ BYU

York trucking Hague. Dres dragging people. Big game from Jacoby Hale.

Ironically, the 2013's game’s score was 20-13. Travis Wilson threw for 273 yards and two touchdown passes and Dres Anderson had 141 yards on eight receptions.

This was the week after Taysom Hill torched Texas. Hill had a decent statistical game (260 yards passing (but on 18-48 attempt) and ran for 99 yards on 22 attempts).

A fourth quarter TD by BYU made the game close. Utah closed the game on a Michael Walker interception on a 4th down pass by Hill.

2012: 24-21 in Salt Lake City

Best line ever by Coach Whitt: "We should be 4-1 because we won this game three times."

Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei blocked Justin Sorensen's 51-yard attempt with 1 second remaining after the officials put time back on the clock following a third-down incompletion.

The Cougars would get another shot, from 15 yards closer after a penalty for fans running onto the field too early.

Riley Stephenson's 36-yard attempt with no time left clanked off the left upright, sending the crowd onto the field to celebrate.

"I can't describe that ending," Utah quarterback Jon Hays said of a game that was tied at 7 at the half. "That's something I'll remember when I'm 85. That's the craziest finish I've ever been a part of and probably the craziest I've ever seen. I'm happy and proud of this team."

2011: 54-10 in Provo.

John White scored three touchdowns, Jordan Wynn passed for two scores and Utah forced seven BYU turnovers to cruise to a 54-10 victory Saturday night in a rare lopsided game between the rivals.

“An avalanche of turnovers.” Here: watch all seven.

This game probably prompted the current day targeting rule.

2010: 17-16 in SLC.

And so it began....

The last game as conference opponents. A merciful end to an up-and-down and down season. Burton’s Block.

Cain comes in to relieve Wynn, but throws INTs in both of his series. Whitt reinstates Wynn and he rallies the Utes. However, the comeback appears to be short, as Heaps live up to his billing and drives BYU into position to win the game. ...Not quite.

Reactions: Redbloodedute
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News