ADVERTISEMENT

PAC-12 OOC: Ranking Winners and Losers

brinelson13

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2008
Winners

1. ASU - Not a good day for Spartans. Huge win. Great for the conference and great for us as Eno and Daniel didn’t play too well. So they’re not necessarily brimming with confidence.

Also, MSU could do some damage as they play Wis, Ohio St., Penn State and Mich this year.

2. WSU - solid road win. With UCLA at home, I see them as top 15 coming into RES

3. AZ - any time a lower tier program beats a mid-tier from another conference, it’s a huge plus. Shyne had his best game for us against Az. I was surprised he was just okay today. Tucson is a brutal place to play. So glad we get them in SLC this year.

4. Oregon State - the bottom of the Pac-12 barrel looks improved. It only helps when your worst team collects an OOC win.

5. UW - big win against a semi-decent team. Get them back to decency. A win next week and UW is ranked top 20.

6. Oregon - took care of business.

Tied 6. Utah - did what was expected. We stayed healthy but best of all, our QB and RB look to be playing in top form. Variety of WRs have been making plays. Great to see.

8. Cal - a win is a win. NT is tougher than they look, so this was a decent win...but this was closer than it should’ve been. Cal is playing like a mini-Utah.

Also great as I’d expect Cal to crack the top 25 now.

They play Ole Miss in Oxford next week.

Losers

9. USC - the most forgivable of the Pac-12 losses being on the road with a backup QB against a good team.

That still doesn’t make it forgivable though.

Slovis’ confidence will be shaken. I think we’ll see a lot of running the ball and several quick hits. Good news for us, he isn’t mobile at all. Bad news, BYU won by picking him off...our guys have been prone to dropping those same pick opportunities.

Need to put some stick ‘me on our defenders gloves

10. UCLA - about on par with expectation today. OU is great.

11. CU - Air Force? Really? Dude. I get it though. It’s hard to defend, but still...CU has more play makers.

12. Stanford - Fugly. I get that UCF is an excellent team but Stanford shouldn’t get run off like that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News