ADVERTISEMENT

WR Recruiting

polskikrol3

All-American Poster
Jan 20, 2009
Outside of QB recruiting, I feel that WR recruiting is our biggest issue in this and next recruiting cycles. I feel we are already fairly thin at WR, in both quality and quantity. After this season we lose what will likely be our starting and 3 most productive WRs in K. Scott, Tim Patrick, and Bubba Poole. After that Delshawn is a JR and Kenric Young is SO. George Wilson, Alfred Smith, and Britain Covey (both these 2 are tiny slot guys) are incoming, as is Fulks who is a JC guy but not getting Deniko at this point seems to be a fairly big loss.

In this current recruiting cycle we have a very small but productive Jay Griffin, Blackmon (who will be a DB) and Davir Hamilton (LONG way to February) as WRs. We need lots of help in my opinion. And this goes back to similar issues we have with recruiting a QB. We have not consistently shown that we are using our WRs so why would big time recruits want to come here?

So who else in the WR category that can really help us now and in the future is a possibility. I worry in the next 2 years if things don't change we are in a world of hurt for receiving weapons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News