ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Chow always an assistant coach? Did Utah settle?

No neck

that's been a question I have been asked a lot since the hiring.

I'm pretty sure he was under consideration at Utah when they hired Urban, but, I don't know that for sure.

to be honest with you, I don't know if he's interviewed/put his name in the hat for many jobs out there.

The one thing I do know, is he is one of the most successful assistant coaches of all time.

Originally posted by NoNeckJoey:
Why isn't this guy a head coach?

The word around the country is he doesn't interview well. Chow is an offensive genius. If Utah provides him with some talent he will work wonders for the program. Every stop he has been at, he has done well. His problems at ucla stem from injuries and RN.

You folks should be very happy with Chow.

Last I checked we already have a head coach, so I am not sure why it matters that he is not a head coach. He has been an assistant for his whole career, and that will continue at Utah.

Chow 1)Has a rep for not interviewing well. Comes off arrogant/aloof to some 2)Recruiting isn't his strong suit 3)Don't see him being the rally the troops type guy you need to be with big boosters. That stuff I think likely isn't in his DNA.

There is a reason Lavelle Edwards didn't jump up & down demanding he was his heir apparant after all those years in Provo. Think about that, and how often Assistant's are hand pegged...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT