ADVERTISEMENT

Utes D needs to "Bear Down"

Cal Beck

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2017
ESPN has their power rankings predicting us to be major underdogs (70-30). I know the D will set this record straight, but there are some concerns that the Wildcats present, which will cause some adjustments, specifically if Hansen is still out.

1. Their QB has played well....very well. He has the passing yards to compare to Huntley's trailblazing start, but the stat I found interesting is that he has about as many rushing yards, but through 20 less carries. The fact he is also their leading rusher, with a similar offensive scheme to ours, means he will be a main focus. We may put someone to "spy" him, making us play tighter over the top, sacrificing a safety.

2. They dont have a WR withover 150 yards on the year, but he spreads the love, completing to as many as 8 different WR's. He sees the field.

3. Im assuming these adjustments come after our front and LB's get a chance to contain him naturally. I really do feel that this can happen early, but fatigue may be the deciding factor, later on. (Im not saying we are not conditioned. QB's of this nature keep you on your toes, as he adds another dimension to have to think about.

They have not seen the likes of a Defense compared to ours yet, but they will be ready, at home. Time to Bear Down, and bury the Wildcats in the desert.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News