ADVERTISEMENT

Utah v. Pitt - Tailgating questions

NMEhail2pitt

Sophomore Poster
Dec 10, 2007
We have 20 people in our trip to Salt Lake for the Pitt/Utah game and are renting SUV's and are planning to tailgate.

Can you provide information as to where to tailgate and how early we can start? The earlier the better. We would like to be around a lot of other tailgaters and maximize our tailgate time.

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott downtown and any advice on local watering holes would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hail to Pitt!

I like the Green Pig, it's a small place and they have TVs with sports. Lumpys Downtown is good, and a little bigger, it turns into a night club at night.

As far as tailgating goes, I'm not sure how early we can start with it being on a Thursday, and most of the tailgating spots are also used by students for parking. Last year was a Thursday night opener also and I remember them letting us in the Guardsman lot around noon, but you have to have a tailgate pass (which are sold out) to pull vehicles in there. There is another lot a little further away from the stadium, but it only costs $5 to park in there, and it's a great walk through the campus to the stadium. On the link at the bottom of the page it's listed as the Guardsman overflow (RV) parking and is colored yellow.

Let me know if this helps, and don't be afraid to ask any other questions.

Parking Map

Will the Utah athletic dept be able to answer this if I call them? Or are the lots owned/leased by a separate company as they are in pittsburgh?

You couldn't get 20 people to your bowl game so there's no way you'll send 20 people to Utah.

If you combined the teeth of Mountaineer fans you probably couldn't get 20 sets...
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT