ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Uniforms

surfer1056

All-Conference Poster
Feb 26, 2002
Is Utah going to have to change their uniforms when they move to the Pac-10? Because doesnt the Pac-10 have a deal with Nike or do individual teams make deals with clothing companies?

It's team by team. That being said, I expect a pretty serious bidding war between Nike and UA. Phil Knight considers the PAC his playground and does not want any competitor in there. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top. I would like to see us continue with UA, but Phil Knight has been known to toss unreasonable amounts of money at something if he wants it bad enough.

I don't get when people say they want us to stay with UA,nothing against them. But in this day and age when kids CARE about the Uni's. It could actually help our recruiting. We have awesome colors (red,white,black) and could really have some neat uniform combos. I mean think of a blackout w/ matte black helmets and black face masks. Also bringing back the old school white helmet with an old double U logo. Again I guess I have just noticed that the teams with Nike are more likely to have multiple helmet colors in addition to the speed gear etc. Here are some examples (Arizona, TCU, Oregon, VT, A&M) there are many more. But just imagine the utes with all white uni's white helmets and red face mask it would be crazy cool and extremely popular with recruits.

Not just team by team but sport by sport. Our hoops team is with Adidas?

At the end of the day, it is about dollars and pecking order. With UA, we are at the top of the heap. With Nike, we were very far down the food chain. Also, not everyone gets 6 million different combinations from Nike. We did not get that when we were with Nike previously. Now with UA we get a lot more from them and more money too.

Re: Pac-12

Utah is actually split. Basketball is Adidas. It appears the rest of the sports are Under Armor.

I think that this is the last year of the Adidas contract and that it is up for bid next season.

heartless when we were with nike the only team that changed uni's is Oregon now SOOOO many have different combos. Washington, Oregon, Oregon St. Cal, Arizona, ASU, TCU and BYU just to name a few with close affiliation to the U. If it didn't help to bring in recruits than i wouldn't care but the fact is, these kids care.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT