ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Press Conference 9-12-16

c.mcmanamon

Junior Poster
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2016
SLC, UT
The Utes are looking to move past the BYU game and not let the emotions of that win carry over into this next week. The sole focus is on San Jose State.

1. Zack Moss is now listed as the number one running back on the depth chart.

After his performance in the 4th quarter of the BYU game, Moss has won the number one spot on the depth chart. Head coach Kyle Whittingham stressed that they still have a full week of practice ahead of them so things could change. Troy McCormick is listed at number 2.

Joe Williams has struggled in the first two games this season and Isaac Asiata had this to say, “I don’t want people to be so hard on Joe. I feel like things happen, obviously you can’t drop the ball, but Joe is a hell of a running back. He’s done a lot of great things for us. He stepped in last year when he needed to and won his numbers. I wouldn’t be so quick to get down on Joe”

2. Troy Williams looks to improve

The offense struggled against BYU. Turning the ball over a total of six times and Williams is looking to continue to stay positive and improve.

“Making a statement that we can score points” said Williams about his focus on San Jose State. “That we can do can do a lot of things on the offense whether its passing or running. Just making more big plays. We just have to go out there and make a huge statement as an offense”

The Utes play San Jose State on Saturday. The game will be on CBS Sports Network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News