ADVERTISEMENT

Utah inquiry

PittBaller

All-American Poster
Mar 24, 2009
Sup Yinz,

Was just thinking about the game we have coming up and I realized I have no idae how your offense is run or anything. Is it spread? Pro? Who are your big playmakers (if you have any standouts)? What type of QB do you have?

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance. Let me know if you have any questions for me. I really look forward to the game this year.

We run a spread offense that will mix in some option on occasion. The offense has a lot of potential to be very potent this year. We have some proven guys coming back like Eddie Wide (gained over 1000 yds even though he didn't see significant carries until game 4), Matt Asiata (more of a bruiser at rb, lead the team in rushing in '08 but is coming off of an injury), Jereme Brooks (Kinda small but very quick and hard to wrap up in the open field) and our QB Jordan Wynn.

Wynn will be a Sophomore this season who started 5 games as a true freshman (3-2). He had a great game against Cal in the Bowl game bring Utah back from a 14-0 deficit to win 37-27. He went 26-36 for over 300 yds and 3 TDs. We're really excited about the potential this kid has.

We also return 4 starters on the O Line with last years top JuCo OT (John Cullen) coming in to fill the spot of departed Zane Beadles at LT.

There is a lot of speed and talent at WR, but it's still young and inexperienced.

Personally, I'm really excited to see what this offense can do.

Who is gonna be starting at QB for Pitt?

Tino Sunseri will be starting at QB for Pitt. He is a redshirt sophomore who has never started but played sparingly last season as the backup. He shows a lot of promise and a strong arm. He is also fairly athletic. The knock on him is that while he's listed at 6'2", he is really more like 6 feet.

We are excited about what he can do for us, but he is completely unproven and having his first start be at Utah and in the mountains is not ideal in the least. How he plays in this game will really shed some light on the early part of the season IMO.

*Bonus for Sunseri is that he has a phenomenal RB to take pressure off him, and he has probably the best WR target in America in Baldwin, who can just go up and get any ball. Still, we need competent QB play if we want to have a chance and I fully expect to see a lot of Utah blitzes.

Lewis is a total stud. I think he is the key to the game. If he runs wild on Utah, then it will be a long day for the Utes. If Utah can contain him somewhat, then it will put a lot more pressure on a first time starter at QB.

I'm excited, it should be a good game.

On your WR,our CBs are typically very strong. We've had more than a couple drafted over the past few years. Our CBs are fast and typically play man to man.

Our big question mark will be LBs, similar to your summary on your QB, many have played sparingly none have started. Our D line will have to pick up the slack and agree, if your RB gets on track we will have our challenges and then some.

Not entirely true Tube Rider, JJ Williams did start several games as a true FR MLB. There is some experience there.

I did watch the Pitt spring game on TV and was really impressed with the Pitt D. I did notice some talent at WR and the RB is a stud. I understand there have been some losses on the O line which may have a bigger impact. Utah's Defense in unusually adept at forcing mistakes by even experienced O lines, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT