ADVERTISEMENT

Utah baseball

Jazzy-Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2005
With the Salt Lake Bees announcing their plans to move to Daybreak after the 2024 season, it looks likely, at least right now, that Smith's Ballpark is going to be razed (probably for more condos, yay!) shortly thereafter. I'm not going to get into how sick this makes me from a sports perspective (I think Smith's Ballpark is one of the nicest minor league parks in the nation and the thought of it being demolished, despite how great it is, is just disappointing on all fronts) - but this is likely to impact Utah baseball.

It's not a pressing issue today, as they will be able to play in that stadium for the next few seasons (I doubt the city will turn around and demolish it in 2024, the second the Bees bolt) but it's probably something that is coming. Unfortunately, there has been zero movement on the on-campus baseball stadium. Does this move spur an action plan and, you know, action? Because it feels like Smith's Ballpark's days are numbered and the baseball team has to have a contingency plan, ideally one that gets 'em a stadium on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News