ADVERTISEMENT

To all of our new PAC-10 brothers, I cannot tell you how excited I am!

Jeromy in SLC

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2009
My wife and I take a roady or two every year, and we are just fired up right now. We are really looking forward to the tremendous destinations that your (our!) find conference has to offer.

I look forward to rubbing elbows at tailgates or catching drinks the night before/after a game. We just went to Eugene this year, and even though Utah lost, we had a blast!

Come by often. I can't wait to see some of you as we travel.

Go Utes! Go PAC-XII!

I look forward to adding Salt Lake to my potential road game trips. When does ski season usually start in Utah?

Just before Thanksgiving assuming snow? So safer during basketball versus football. I'll let the locals weigh in as well

Congratulations. It is nice to have 2 new teams be excited about joining the Pac X. I know the Utes have a strong footall program and I am looking forward for some great battles.

Earliest ski season is generally Thanksgiving. It gets much better in January and February (colder, but better snow) And their are six world class resorts within an hours drive of campus!

Re: To all of our new PAC-10 brothers, I cannot tell you how excited I

There are six resorts within an hour's drive however the best two (Snowbird/Alta) are 20 mins away.
This post was edited on 6/24 3:44 PM by UteDaddy

Brothers? You guys havent even played 1 game in the Pac 10. Plus your brothers are not willing to share thier portion of the pie with you until 2014. Suck ass!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by Gator 82:
Brothers? You guys havent even played 1 game in the Pac 10. Plus your brothers are not willing to share thier portion of the pie with you until 2014. Suck ass!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
Simpletons see things simplistically. Our "brothers" may not be sharing a full share immediately, but just by way of the new association with them our media related revenues are expected to double in the first year. Not sure what to make of a poster with a "Gator" handle who posts on Rebelnet. Identity crisis much? Either way, whether you're a Floridian who's lost or a UNLV bitter ex-, don't worry about us.

I'm the simpleton? Think outside the box a little. I know that's hard to do in the Stepford state you call Utah, but if you must know my moniker has nothing to do with with the Florida Gators. Its a play on my Army units nickname and Division. Alpha Gators and 82nd Airborne Division. Hence Gator 82

First off I will say thanks for everything you do for our country.
Try not to come off as a bitter, insecure little girl, your in the army-be proud.
The only thing that is surely going to SUCK ASS is the rebel football team, but on the bright side you will only have to SUCK ASS vs the UTES one more time
laugh.gif

Then Thank you for your service; and shouldn't you be doing something USEFUL? Now fool, GTFO.

Or in words you can understand ...."Dismissed!"

The Great thing about the Pac 10 is that the destinations are great to go to. If you want to make it a road trip in a vehicle, especially to the California schools, or Boulder, it will be douable for you.

The Pac destinations as a whole now are terrific.

Eugene: College Town.

Corvalis: Further inland, but not too hard a trip from Portland.

Wazzu: Yes a very remote outpost, but you can roll in via Spokane reasonably easy.

LA: SC-UCLA same trip. What isn't cool about coming to LA

Salt Lake: For California people coming that way, can you say VEGAS on the way (I did that for our trip to BYU in 2004...Awesome!)Easy flight too.

Denver: Boulder is great, and an easy trip.

ASU: Pretty much always go when we play there.

UofA: Ditto, and from LA have driven and flown it.

Washington: Seattle, big time city.

San Fran: You guys should like Bay Area roadies. Heck if you want added convenience, I've gone to Stanford before via San Jose right next door.

Southwest is so convenient to serving ALL the Pac 10 locals really.

You can't beat the travel in this league, and the things you can do for a great weekend trip around going to games.

LMAO, Bill. All you have to say about Salt Lake is that it is close to Vegas? :)

Salt Lake City is a great city that is rapidly becoming more and more diverse. New bars and unique restaurants are constantly popping up. We have decent public transportation and you can even take the monorail from downtown right to the football stadium parking lot. The main tailgating lot is right across the street from the stadium.

If downtown SLC is not your cup of tea, you can always stay in Park City. It is absolutely beautiful in the Fall. I talked to many Florida St fans who stayed up there when FSU played byu last fall. They had a great time. Park City is also only a half hour from Utah's campus.

Cheers and Go Utes!

First off, I guarantee you wouldn’t call me a little girl to my face, so why do it on a message board coward? PolyDad, what have you done that’s useful lately? I’ve done plenty.
Most MWC fans are not upset that Utah will be leaving the conference; it’s the timing that has most fans upset. Had Utah joined the Pac 10 in 2012 with Colorado, then the MWC would have been able to use Utah points towards AQ status, and along with Boise’s would have almost guaranteed the conference BCS status, but since the Pac 10 was unable to destroy the Big 12, they settled for trying to derail the MWC chances at AQ status. Why do you think they were so adamant about Utah in 2011 instead of 2012 when Colorado comes on board. If the MWC didn’t add Boise, then the Pac 10 most likely would not have added Utah. Utah, TCU, BYU and Boise would have put the MWC on par or better than the Pac 10.
Utah could have told the Pac 10 that they would join in 2012, because the Utes will not even profit from any TV revenue until 2012, and then it’s only going to be %50 of $14 mil, but since the administration has no honor or integrity and they screwed there real BROTHERS. That’s the issue I had with the brother remark. One of my favorite lines is from Shakespeare’s Saint Crispins Day Speech “For he today that sheds his blood with me. Shall be my brother. The MWC are who your real brothers are.

First off, Gator, you are flat out wrong about Utah being invited due to Boise joining the MWC. Originally, Larry Scott and the Pac-10 wanted Utah to join the Pac-10 in 2012; the same year the conference planned on Colorado joining. As I understand it, our administrators (AD and President) told the PAC that we wanted to join in 2011 and the current tiered payout structure was the negotiated compromise.

As for the MWC being our brothers, I don't think so. You have to look out for yourself. The difference between the haves and have-nots is only getting larger and I sure as hell want my school on the right side of that line. Any of the MWC schools would have jumped at the chance and you know it. All the talk about Utah being traitors, selfish, blah, blah, blah is sour grapes, pure and simple. One of our local cartoonists illustrated this point better than I could ever spell it out for you.

Enjoy and Go Utes:

Pat Bagley of the Salt Lake Tribune (6/25/10)

If thats true, then the Utes have painted a real big target on there backs next year and each and every team is going to be gunning for you guys. Some teams might even be willing to take a 15 yard penalty in order to inflict some hurt for the last time. I personally understand why your admins and AD would want to run in 2011, with Boise beginning play in the MWC in 2011, Utah might have finished in 4th place and wouldn't be as attractive anymore.

Winning 2 BCS bowls has already painted a target on our back. The UTES know that they will be a target, bring it, they won't back down. As far as painting a picture and your comment about a 15 yard penalty, expected from a jealous reb.
As far as the little girl comment....that's a cute little girl as your pic, and little girls make comments like "suck ass."
I personally am looking forward to playing the broncos, they were on the schedule for 11-12. Hopefully we still play them. Most likely not due to our new 12-PAC status and possibly scheduling a lesser opponent for ooc.
We could have stayed for 2011 and finished last and we would still be in the PAC
3dgrin.gif

Let's see reb.....playing for the rose bowl or the las vegas bowl? hmmm?
This post was edited on 6/30 9:10 AM by kodachrome
This post was edited on 6/30 9:12 AM by kodachrome

Koda.... Did you really look at my profile? Thats pretty creepy dude. Hope you enjoyed the pic though, my wife doesn't like that picture. She thinks it makes her look like her mom.

What are profiles for?
You must have a hot mother-in-law, good on ya!

Gator- You're talking shit about football and you're a UNLV fan? Are you kidding? Even if Utah takes 4th in the MWC I guarantee that they are still four or five spots above the Rebels. My educated guess is that you're a byu fan that lived or lives in vegas. So, you root for UNLV in basketball and the zoobs in football. The worst kind of fan, IMO.

Why exactly would Utah want to stay in the MWC for two more years? There is zero benefit for Utah in staying. I am stoked that the Utes pushed to go in 2011. As far as the MWC autobid goes, I could not care less. Utah is going to the Pac-10 and that is where my allegiance now lies. I'm sure most Ute fans would agree.

I guess my post wasn't quite as good as it could have been. In actuality, if you really look at the Pac 12 Conference and those travel destinations, what a cool selection for people to take in games on the road.

Yeah, you could go to Salt Lake, spend an extra day roll into Las Vegas for 1 night, check out some fun there. Then go see some Saturday Football, stay over in Salt Lake, then finish a long weekend by skiing in Park City. Now THAT is cool.

I went to Sc's game @BYU in 2004, it was cool to Fly to Vegas where my bro lives, drive to Provo stay in Utah Saturday Night, then hit Vegas again for an extra night. If you are a skier even better.

One nice thing if you are bringing your lady to travel to these games, there is plenty to take in, plus get some top caliber football being played.

What is exciting about going to Aames Iowa? Or Manhatten Kansas? I loved seeing USC play in Lincoln, and the fans there were terrific. Not exactly a place beyond football, and a good bar scene that you hang around in.

If you travel to LA or San Francisco, you can take in 4 of the Pac locals that are easy to traverse to, plus have a multitude of options to make your weekend travel a GREAT mini vacation. I say this being a FANATICAL Trojan Alum who dies with the football results.

Those road trips to the Bay Area for Cal or Stanford games are Awesome for USC Fans. I think Ute fans will really enjoy all the Cali trips as well.

If you boys like to Golf, I actually played 18 holes before our 1996 game with ASU in Tempe. Parked at the golf course next to the stadium had the 1st tee time out, got the round in, grabbed a few cold ones, and walked to the game. Now how friggin cool is that?

Too bad THAT game sucked for USC.

Sorry you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. We paint a big target by leaving in 2011 (screwing the MWC OUT OF OUR PERFORMANCE?). Then you say we should stay so we can have the target on our backs for 2 years so the rest of the conference can benefit from OUR PERFORMANCE.

If the rest of the MWC performed maybe Utah's departure would not matter as muck. When I left TCU after our loss I said to one of their fans, "Just win your bowl game for the rest of the MWC" Dude was drunk and got stupid. That aside TCU choked big time versus the donkeys. Similar to TDS on the big stage, lose lose lose.

Don't blame Utah going to a better place for the MWC woes. Blame the non performers? Hanging around for 2 years to donate more to the MWC is weak to argue in my opinion. We get zero upside and all downside in that analysis?

We don't have the buy-out penalty, so why stay for less money in order to benefit a conference that we are no longer going to care about at all?

We go in 2011 and double our take. Easy decision.

Don't kid yourself, UTAH cares nothing for the MWC anymore. That's the past, we're looking forward now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT