ADVERTISEMENT

There are two types of tranfers/portal guys....

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
One we witnessed in the Coach K days. Kids transfer because the program is dying and the coaching is suspect. We saw that in droves and it was disheartening. Fortunately it looks to have been settled and (fingers crossed) it will remain so for a while.

The second we are seeing in football. Kids are good but buried and it is tough to see their way on to the field. See Tabbaracci and Fanaika. Both likely spelled incorrectly as they were not here long enough to remember how to spell their name.

The first is a sign that there are real problems. The second is a sign that there are not any problems. While I hate to see the football guys go it is better they leave if they are not going to compete it out and see their day in a program that generates NFL caliber kids. I cannot fathom why a young man (especially a defensive minded kid) would ever NOT bide his time in the Utah program because it is 50/50 you are a league guy if you get to start along the way. Your odds are so good to make the league why the hell would you NOT do everything possible to get on the field by your junior or senior year!?!? So... Glad the football guys are gone because "all in (your development) or in the way." If you do not want this Utah football opportunity then you probably are not a serious minded ball player. My two cents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News