ADVERTISEMENT

The War is upon us...

Cal Beck

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2017
Hello Utes,

I am going to try to be as objective as I can this week, which I will admit, is very hard at times regarding the team we play this week.

I expect all aspects of the game to move forward, that is the nature of the game. However, the one thing that I need to see happen is no mental let downs. No dumb penalties, simple mental errors, and even avoiding the emotional hype seep into their bones.
After watching the LSU game, I will say I expect them to cross mid field at some point, but our defense should expect a lot more from their playbook on Saturday. I would not be surprised if they had an approach like we did versus ND...vanilla playbook on film for us to watch in preparation.

Playing down there is tough, very tough, but it has its own luster for the Utes. Beating them down there is very, very sweet, indeed. I remember in 95 their fans made a human tunnel from our bus to the locker room, about 50 yards, and taunted us the entire way in. I still hold that against them, as it is etched into my mind for eternity.

I want to see someone, more so some players, step up and take on a dominating role. I want to see people take over the game, with play that demands the ball be fed to them, or that they be avoided at all costs, because of a clinic they put on. The opportunity is there, as anyone with a heartbeat feels the emotion of the week. I look forward to these kids letting loose and hammering them every play.

It could be easy to take a cocky stance after watching the LSU and PS game film...I have confidence the discipline needed focus, warranted by last weeks mental errors, will lead our Utes to avoid that trap, and bury the TDS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News