ADVERTISEMENT

Tanner Mangum vs. Taysom Hill at QB for the rivalry game

mmoffitt321801

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jan 22, 2009
I don't have Runn's trained eye nor his experience or even that of many of you. And, I may be discounting leadership skills but as I watched BYU play UA, and I watched what I thought was a much slower Taysom Hill, I thought I'd rather face BYU with Hill at QB than Mangum.

I don't think Hill throws nearly as well as Mangum and I saw very few designed QB runs - maybe one? So, in the offense BYU is running, I'm not sure Mangum isn't the better option. I don't think we were seeing a vanilla offense for BYU either. I think we were seeing what we'll get. An opponent like UA and a tight game don't allow you to shut half of your play book.

I do think we need to tackle much better than UA against Jamal Williams. He looked tough against UA and we need to make those one on one tackles UA kept missing.

Against Hill, I expect press coverage versus the 10 yard cushion that UA gave that allowed a ton of short completions and I expect Utah to load the box, trust their CB's, and to make BYU beat them throwing over the top. If that's true, then I'd rather face Hill than Mangum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News