ADVERTISEMENT

Stephanie Pelton

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittjd06

All-American Poster
Oct 26, 2007
FYI, in your Pitt preview, you claim that Fernando Diaz and John Fieger pushed Chris Jacobsen hard for the starting LG spot.

Diaz left the team after the first day of camp, and Fieger is exclusively a long snapper.

Also, Aaron Smith will never play football again (medical redshirt), and he left the team before fall camp (he certainly didn't do anything in August, let alone earn playing time).

Where did you get your information? Because it looks like you made up a lot of things that aren't even remotely true (and, in fact, are impossible!).

That's like Pitt trying to say its the backup RB hurt when in fact it's the starting RB who is hurt. Hit him in the knee with a helmet and he's done!

Pittjd,

I can say that Stephanie does not "make things up". If she posted something here in her report, it was because someone at the Pitt end provided her the information. Obviously a reporter on the other end has to rely on what they are given as it is very difficult to get confirmation from such a distance.

This happens all the time across all parts of the college football landscape. It is the same thing as it being reported that we have our left tackle Caleb Schlauderhoff returning, when in reality he is our left guard. This is just one of many misses that have occurred in Pitt based news reports that comment about Utah's football team.

Many of the reports at this juncture are based upon stuff that occurred in spring. (Schlauderhoff played LT in spring because Cullen wasn't here yet)

So while it is easy for Pitt fans and those who cover the team to know exactly what is going on at Pitt, it is less likely that they are 100% accurate about what is going on at Utah. The same can be said for Ute fans and reporters.

Her article is terrible on so many levels... I would have to be brain dead to choose Utah's receivers over Pitt's. Utah has no one in their corp that is even half as effective as Baldwin...
You cant really compare the two teams, because a pro style offense requires more talent. Utah doesnt have the talent... They make up for it with a spread offense where they get the ball to their playmakers. They also have good coaching. The spread is what all the less talented teams have gone to in order to level the playing field.
This wvu guy is a clown... Dion has practiced every practice. Ray Graham sounds like he is clear to play, but we will see how many reps he will actually get. He did hurt his knee.

This is laughable what stephanie wrote. The worst write up Ive ever seen....

Dan Marino got another year of eligibility and he will be handing the ball off to Tony Dorsett and curtis martin too... Oh and mark may and russ grimm will be blocking... Larry Fitzgerald and Antonio bryant are our wide receivers... Darrelle Revis, Hugh Green, Chris Doleman, and Ricky Jackson make up some of our defense...

"Utah doesnt have the talent... They make up for it with a spread offense where they get the ball to their playmakers."

LOL, I love it. This is pretty much what Barry Switzer said right before Utah beat Bama like a drum.

Yep, Florida has no talent either.
rolleyes.gif
and you are calling someone else brain dead?

Let me guess, you think Pitt will win 31-3.

When you lose you either won't show up back here and admit you got beat, or you will show up and blame the refs, or say something like the team wasn't ready to play or some other crap.

Ask Alabama fans how it feels.

Considering you have proven that you know NOTHING about Utah, your opinion is worth less than North Korean money.

Originally posted by heartlessute:
Pittjd,

I can say that Stephanie does not "make things up". If she posted something here in her report, it was because someone at the Pitt end provided her the information. Obviously a reporter on the other end has to rely on what they are given as it is very difficult to get confirmation from such a distance.

This happens all the time across all parts of the college football landscape. It is the same thing as it being reported that we have our left tackle Caleb Schlauderhoff returning, when in reality he is our left guard. This is just one of many misses that have occurred in Pitt based news reports that comment about Utah's football team.

Many of the reports at this juncture are based upon stuff that occurred in spring. (Schlauderhoff played LT in spring because Cullen wasn't here yet)

So while it is easy for Pitt fans and those who cover the team to know exactly what is going on at Pitt, it is less likely that they are 100% accurate about what is going on at Utah. The same can be said for Ute fans and reporters.

I'm sorry, but she didn't get that information from anyone with any Pitt knowledge whatsoever. Your presumption that "someone at the PItt end" provided the info is pure speculation, and a cop out. For example, the Pitt rivals publisher files reports every day from practice, so he's very knowledgeable. And from my experience, he's very collegial and collaborative with writers from other sites.

The problem is she couldn't possibly be farther off-base (again, she references two players who left the team on the first day of camp or earlier, and calls our long-snapper a contender at left guard (when the reality is that our LG is a former high school all-america who has had his spot locked up since December); these aren't small, hair-splitting issues. They are major, black-and-white, wrong-or-right things, and it's a disservice to your paying customers to not do a better job with it.

Maybe Stephanie can tell us where she got her info?

I am in the process of finding out from her where she got her info and will pass it on. I can say the Chris from PanthersLair was on utezone last night.

I agree with pittjd. I don't mean any disrespect to your site or reporters, but there are material items in that review that are just flat out incorrect. The main one is that Diaz and Fieger are pushing Jacobson for the starting guard job. Diaz hasn't been with the team for all of camp and Fieger has not practiced with the OL for a year (he's strictly a long snapper). Jacobson has had the LG job locked up since the Car Care Bowl, where he graded out very well against a UNC DL that featured no less than 3 future NFL players (2 likely 1st round picks).

As for the rest, I understand that it is your job to follow Utah and not Pitt, so I recognize that you may be ignorant to some aspects of our team just like we are sure to be ignorant about some aspects of your team. It's only natural to know much more about the team that you follow on a daily basis. I will say that at worst, our WRs are a push. Baldwin alone provides for that. He's one of the 3 best WRs in the nation, and I fully believe that our WRs will see addition by subtraction this year with the loss of 2 senior WRs. Those 2 WRs limited the opportunities for the younger guys who are much more talented for much of last season. Shannahan had a broken hand to start last year, but I think he's a very above average #2. Saddler is an ideal slot guy... in fact I think he would be amazing in your offense, the kind of guy that you want to get the ball in space.

All in all, I think you guys are very talented and VERY well coached. I will say that if you as fans or the team thinks that this is the same team that walked into the Fiesta Bowl a few years back, that you are in for a surprise. Regardless, I think this will be a very good game and I think the biggest key will be our C-RG against your interior DL. I'm not at all worried about our tackles or Jacobson, but if our C-RG allows penetration, that will disrupt everything and stop plays before they even get started. Good luck, but not too much.

Atwood,

Thanks for the response. I will say that it appears your opinion on Jacobsen does not mirror what Chris from your rivals site said last night. My take away from his chat with utezone was that there is still much concern about Jacobsen as well as your center and RG. I agree, that it is this matchup that will have a significant impact on the game.

No one on this end thinks Pitt is a walkover by any means and is quite aware of the talent Pitt does have. That being said, until proven otherwise, you have one experienced and NFL caliber receiver and a new QB and 3 interior linemen with 1 game of experience between them. This does not bode well for the passing game. We had similar issues last year with a new QB, even though he was a JC all-american.

A WR is no good if the QB can't get him the ball.

That would be a concern to ANY team.

Utah's biggest concern is our LB's and whether they can corral Lewis.

Also, I just got confirmation that Steph's info came from the Pitt media guide and practice reports.

I would suggest looking at your own media guide and past practice reports for the info.

The media guide was published prior to camp.

I've read the practice reports, and none of them reference guys who weren't there, I can promise you that. In fact, a week ago Coach Wannstedt confirmed that Diaz was not with the team, and had taken an indefinite leave of absence.

No disrespect to the Ute fans...but I would make sure Stephanie is not on the Pitt payroll. I can assure you as a Pitt fan, Atwood was being very kind and honest with you. Jacobson is a great prospect, who seems to have had a very good camp. However, our Center, Right Guard and QB are our biggest concerns. The rest of the team seems very solid. Hope you guys have great season and a bad Thursday.

Why are the sPitt fans calling the writer brian dead?

She has more brain activity than you basketball coach's sister...

BigEastEER, you are the reason people love making West Virginia jokes. This one is my favorite.

What does a West Virginia girl and the Unabomber have in common? They both were fingered by their brother. Say hi to your wife/sister for me.

Thanks for the wishes. I'll spin it backwards and wish you the same. Also, here's to hoping no one gets hurt during the game.

I expect a competitive well fought game by both teams. It is hard for either side to truly know what they have until they play someone else. Up to this point all they have been playing is their won team.

Our biggest issue is how will our LB's do. Second would be our DB's.

For Pitt it is the interior line and QB, along with new DB's as well.

The strength of both teams is the running game and the defensive line.

Our DB's were bad last year. When Cincy went into a hurry up, we were not able to pressure the QB consistantly.... and they got burned. No one knows for sure, but the reports I have heard say our secondary although inexperienced is much better than last years. We have talent in the secondary, but a blown coverage can cause an easy TD, and that is everyones concern.
This post was edited on 9/1 7:08 PM by Pitt is #1

Any discussion out there as to the altitude? This seems to be a big issue for eastern teams. Luckily it appears the weather will be in the 70's at game time. Altitute with hot temperature is a killer.

I'd like to meet you!

I hope you keep this up all year long. It's hilarious. It probably irritates some Pitt fans, because they think you're serious,but I can tell your just being tongue in cheek with this stuff. Oh by the way, Noel Devine seriously does have a bad knee. I saw him the other day, and he can't even walk. They are trying to sneak a freshman onto the practice field with Devine's number on him. Have you heard anything about this?

Have fun.

Personal attacks are NOT allowed on our site.

PittPhantoms threads have been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT