ADVERTISEMENT

So, when does Utah officially start to hate Colorado?

It will take many years and even then they will never replace BYU as our rival. The history between Utah and BYU goes deep. Colorado also needs to catch up to the Utes in order for us to start a rivalry.

Originally posted by SacTownUte:
Colorado also needs to catch up to the Utes in order for us to start a rivalry.

This should help kick start the rivalry.

Those are cute little hills you have in the background of your stadium. :)

it may take a while, seeing as how we are joining together...almost like the two new kids at the table. Right now though, I think everyone is in the crosshiars of the UTe football team ready to prove why they belong...
Go UTES....
I love the oregon black helmets, i wish we had a black ute helmet for our blackout jerseys.

Fully intended. Figured I would test that out and get things started off right.

Originally posted by UtahStu:
>I love the oregon black helmets, i wish we had a black ute helmet for our blackout jerseys.

Let's hope a new TV deal will bring you in the revenue to have one.

SCP I wanted to laugh but when you contemplate your post, yes, I'd be out of my mind pissed since we just got rid of that idiot after one more year.
chairshot.gif

Rivalries can't be fabricated

Once they become competitive we will probably become rivals. I'd like to have a "rocky mountain bowl" or something like that when they play with some sort of trophy for the winner.

Competitively, I can see Utah and Oregon being competitive rivals, with respect on each side of course.

Re: Rivalries can't be fabricated

I'm not sure we will ever find another rival as arrogant, self centered, myopic, vitrolic, stupid, bigoted and downright nasty as the one we've had for the last 40 years.

It won't take many trips to Boulder and exposure to the CU fan base for you all to say, "Wow, maybe those zoob pricks aren't so bad after all."

It's already started. I can't wait to see the games. This next year is going to feel like one giant off-season. One more year in the MWC...oy.

utah and colorado will grow into being rivals for sure. ask anyone that was a utah or colorado fan during the 30's to the early 60's and they probably would've said that utah or colorado was their biggest rival. just has been 2 generations since that was true.

its a pretty natural rivalry and makes sense

With the addition of Utah and Colorado it would be awesome if the new PAC-12 began having a few competitive winter sports like skiing and snowboarding. A PAC-12 winter sports championship would be cool.
This post was edited on 7/28 2:24 AM by SoCalRevs

I have a hard time seeing BYU replaced as the Utes' main rival. CU is in a differrent situation though. They never really had a conference rivel until Coach McCartney designated Nebraska as their rival back in the 1980s. Nebraska though never considered CU to be their rival...even after the Big 12 was later formed. Thus, it was a one way rivalry. Nebraska fans did build up a healthy contempt for CU fans, who they considered to be the most boorish in the Big 8 then Big 12.

Now CU has to go a lookin for a new rival. Utah might become the designeated rival. Who knows? BUt I cannot see it becoming as heated to Utes as the BYU rivalry.

As a parralel. When Florida State joined the ACC in 1992 folks wondered who their rival was going to be? At the time, most thought that it would be Clemson. However, that never materialized. Florida remains as FSU's main rival. Within the ACC, they never developed a true rival. The same may hold true for the U and for CU in the PAC-12.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT