ADVERTISEMENT

SLTrib coverage of the Utes

Ute94

All-American Poster
Jan 27, 2006
I'd like to know if anyone has any knowledge as to how the SLTrib covers Ute athletics.

It seems like the Utes beat reporter job has been a revolving door for years, while Jay Drew has had the stable BYU gig during the same time (with the exception of the recent brief period he was laid off). Even with all the staff shake ups in the last few months it appears we're back to normal again....Jay Drew cranking out daily articles on BYU while the Utes new beat writer, Christopher Kamrani, has written 2 articles on the Utes this month...the rest being handled by occasional columns by Kragthorpe and Monson. Furthermore, it appears that Kamrani is also the Olympics sports writer as well as being the Ute beat reporter. Drew only covers BYU sports.

I'm not trying to criticize Kamrani, because I'm sure he's a good guy and writer. This has been a trend for far longer than he's been involved. However, I don't quite understand why Ute fans continue to get the shaft in coverage by a paper that should seem to have a large Ute subscriber base.

Does anyone have any insight as to why the Trib approaches Ute athletics coverage this way?

Reactions: MagnaUteFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News