ADVERTISEMENT

Silver Linings

olinlevitt

All-American Poster
Feb 13, 2015
As this recruiting class rounds out, it's always interesting to look beyond the numbers of bodies that have been gained or lost and uncover some positive side-stories that have emerged out of the mix. Here are a few based on my perceptions.

1). I am very impressed that Jack Tuttle helped with recruiting, which was evidently a key piece in Bryan Thompson's decision to reject the Oregon offer. Tuttle's "all in" attitude and desire to make Utah great portends exciting times for the future of the program.

2). It is a fact that many 4- and 5-star kids flame out. This knowledge helps in the "letting go" of some of our "misses" as many will eventually disappear into football oblivion. This principle is especially in-play with recruits who have chosen programs that tend to hoard talent (e.g., USC).

3) Conversely, "under-the-radar" recruits often surprise "experts" and make the biggest impact on a program. Personally, I predict Jason Shelly and Marquise Blair to fall into this category.

4) With Bryan Thompson, Tyquez Hampton, and T.J. Green added to the mix, I feel Troy Taylor has the necessary material to build a qualitatively different kind of offense at Utah, the likes of which we have never seen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News