ADVERTISEMENT

SIDE TOPIC: Does the sport of basketball need a makeover?

Skullduggery

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
I've been wondering lately why I don't like watching basketball anymore. I used to go to games all the time, both Runnin Utes and the Jazz. I used to watch it on TV all the time. March Madness and the NBA Finals would consume hours and hours of my time. Not anymore. I wasn't even that upset when the NCAA Tournament and the NBA season were cancelled.

What's changed? I think to me it begins with the idea that basketball is not really much of a team sport anymore. The thing that appeals to me so much about football is that it takes 11 players working together to win. I find the same is true with hockey and soccer. They are team sports and you can see the teamwork easily on the field. Basketball has become like baseball to me, just a group of individuals wearing the same uniform. How many basketball games boil down to that play where one guy stands outside the 3 point line dribbling away the clock while his teammates stand to the side?

How do you guys feel? Is the sport still intriguing to you or do you think there should be fundamental changes in the rules to bring back the team nature of the sport?

Reactions: daveasay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News