ADVERTISEMENT

Rylan Jones--Point Guard for Four Years

mbryan1111

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jun 29, 2009
At the game last night and I started thinking about our team the next few years. It hit me that Rylan Jones isn't going to be leaving for the NBA anytime too soon. Nor is anyone on our current roster, for that matter.

What's the point? Well, Guys like Nicco Mannion (Arizona) and Isaiah Stewart (Washington)
are basically one and done guys. Even though I love Nicco's game, (BTW hate Arizona) I have one year to enjoy his ability at the college level. Not so with Rylan.

I think (maybe hope is a better word) we as Utah fans will be seeing a star player for quite a number of games. I went to South Carolina and saw the tournament. Rylan struggled, as did the rest of the team. But something strange happened last night that did not happen against Coastal Carolina. Both BYU and CC had big leads and ripped us a new one while leading by eight at the end of the first half.

But last night's game became a battle of wills and a game of trust. Players did what they did best and trusted that teammates would do the same. Yeah I get it. The Rylan kid had tengo cojones grandes. But so did a kid named Timmy, a warrior from Finland and a gym rat from Ventura County. Watch these guys closely because they are starting to believe in themselves. And we get to watch this for the next four years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News