ADVERTISEMENT

RUNNIN UTES COMMIT UPDATE: NASEEM GASKIN, SG

Andrew Fronce

All-American Poster
Jan 6, 2016
I just got off the phone with 2018 commit Naseem Gaskin. Gaskin committed nearly a week ago but we had some trouble getting a hold of him. However, now that I've talked to him I can confidently say that Utah fans are going to love this kid.

Gaskin said that Utah presented a good opportunity to play in the PAC 12 against some of the best players in the country and he really liked the coaches and the standards to which that they hold their players. Coach Hill and Coach K were his main recruiters and they treated him like family and he felt like he was already part of the program.

Naseem got to meet the players and watch the football game while he was here on his official visit. He said the atmosphere was amazing. Naseem had never been to Salt Lake City before and thought the city was beautiful.

Naseem says that he brings an ability to score from all different levels and he's been working on his point guard skills to be able to lead the team at the one position.

Naseem also knows new Utah commit Timmy Allen and spoke highly of him. Said that he feels like the two of them will play well together.

Naseem ended his conversation with a message for Utah fans, and simply said, "It's gonna be fun watching me." with a laugh.

I'll have more to come in an article. Some very good things are happening with Utah basketball recruiting right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News