ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting....

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
Will be interesting to see where Lander Barton lands. I hope he is a Ute but if not then whatever.... It seems Utah has more success with kids that are moldable, committed, hungry. This is not to say that Barton ISN'T all of those things. What it means is the Whittingham approach is outstanding in the development area. This year we are seeing Vele as the go to guy on the outside (a walkon). Karene Reed was a WALKON, no? Reed originally signed with Utah STATE. Then think of Paul Kruger, Devin Lloyd, Eric Weddle, Julion Blackman, and on and on and on.... For hell sakes, Brant Kuithe was only offered to get his brother! I used to give credence to the star system but I am way more trusting of the staff to know what they are doing, what they are projecting and what they will develop with WHOMEVER they get.

We are on the verge of a 3rd straight P12 Championship game with a current team riddled with 2/3rds production coming from under classmen no less. I don't really care who shows up on the recruiting websites because all I know is the team is killing it right now and looks to be trending UP (as crazy as that sounds)..

In fact... get used to Utah NOT landing some kids because, quite frankly, there is not much room at the inn right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News