ADVERTISEMENT

Quarteback Recruiting

D. Sorensen

All-American Poster
Jul 21, 2005
We took a closer look at quarterback recruiting for the 2017 class and the top prospects on Utah's board that they actually have a shot at. Here's the link: https://utah.n.rivals.com/news/recruiting-analysis-quarterback-5

I wanted to add a couple of quick thoughts to what I already wrote:

- A lot of the national guys are writing Utah off for Sears (big surprise there - some seem to have the M.O. to be completely dismissive of the Utes) but make no mistake, Utah is in the game here. A quick anecdote - when the Utes offered Sears at the camp last summer, it meant a lot to the family. It was an emotional moment when they realized that the hard work was paying off. I heard it was pretty cool. Utah has been front and center in his recruitment ever since. That doesn't mean he'll be a Ute, but it would be misguided to write them off because you like the other name brands of the offers better.

- I left off Tua Tagovailoa because, let's be real, it would take a biblical sized miracle for the Utes to land him.

- I included Caleb Taylor, the Fremont QB, because he's the best in state guy, but he has more to prove before he gets an offer.

- Utah is recruiting Tayler Katoa of Layton as a DE/LB.

Feel free to ask questions in the thread below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News