ADVERTISEMENT

Prospect Update: Drew Fowler, LB

Andrew Fronce

All-American Poster
Jan 6, 2016
Hey all, I just got off the phone with Drew Fowler, a linebacker out of Bellevue, WA, who is planning on taking an official visit to Utah this weekend. Fowler told me that the final schools he is considering are Utah, UCLA, Stanford, and Washington, though with Stanford and UW, they're offering him as a preferred walk-on.

Fowler has already checked out Santa Clara and Seattle, and will be visiting both Utah and UCLA this weekend. He said that Coach McDonald and Coach Swan have both been recruiting him, and that Coach McDonald is an old friend of one of the coaches of a gym that Fowler works out at in Washington.

Fowler got to check out a Utah game when he unofficially visited Stanford during the season when the Utes were playing the Cardinal. He said that he was impressed with Cody Barton and Chase Hansen and how Utah used them, and that he could see himself being a similar player as those two. Fowler said that he's focusing on improving all aspects of his game, but considers himself to be a versatile inside linebacker.

Fowler said that one of the big things he'll be looking for this weekend is how the players get along with each other and the feeling he gets in the locker room, and that if he has a good visit, he could commit on the spot. He's not set on waiting until signing day, since it's the difference between Sunday and Tuesday.

I'll have more coming soon, but from the way Fowler talked about Utah, it wouldn't surprise me if he commits on his visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News