ADVERTISEMENT

Press-Conference Nuggets

NathanRoderick

All-Conference Poster
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2018
Devin Lloyd:
-We did not make many adjustments in the second half. The game plan was solid, We just needed to be more assignment sound. We made a point of emphasis to come out with more energy in the second half.
- Third quarter was huge coming out of halftime, we needed to stop the run and limit them in the pass game and not allow any points at all and we did that.
- We had to create our own energy this year with no fans and it was huge that we could build off of eachother in the second half.
- So excited for Drew and what he accomplished today. He never complains and just goes to work and he is the most deserving guy on this team. He stuck it out and he deserves everything.
- As the leader of the defense, I play football to see all of my brothers go out and ball. I love making plays but I play to see all of of them make plays.
- I will give (the league) a thought. I will make a decision in the next coming weeks but more than anything I want to enjoy this win with my teammates.

Vontae Davis
- First half, I already knew it wasn't us. I could have done a lot better in the first half and I needed to get back to being myself and be the player that the coaches trust.
- For me, every game is just being the same person and when I step out on the field I try to give 110% and not do more that I am capable of.
- When my teammates make plays, I turn up and that is what really keeps me going.
- Feels good to finish this season like this, I had doubts about our secondary going into this season, but, even in the first game, I knew we had some dogs that could come make some plays.

Drew Lisk
- It was a real possibility of leaving last year and in the end, I was not ready to give it up yet. It has been a long five years but it felt good today and it was a product of the culture that is here and I have bought into that and today was a blast.
- "Let's Go" was in my mind when the coaches gave me the nod. I worked all week, offseason and the last four years for an opportunity like this and I was always ready to go.
- Having confidence from my teammates allows me to just go out and play. It's not something that comes overnight. When you show up and work every day and work hard with the guy next to you, it builds confidence. I love my teammates and couldn't have done it without every single one of them.
- Practice is pretty close to full game speed. I try to stay locked in the whole game, whether or not i'm playing and I felt good going in.
- It is not easy being patient but when you work as hard as we do at this level and put in the hours that you do with the same guys every day. In my mind, you are committing to those guys. I appreciate and love all the guys here. The guys that are in this program are guys that i always want to be around. Today was worth it.

Coach Kyle Whittingham
- By the looks of the first half you would have thought we opted out of this game and the bowl game. The second half was a snowball and our players didn't flinch. We caught fire on D and then the offense caught fire.
-Great way to end the season. Too many turnovers and penalties in the first half and WSU played exceptionally well in the first half. We did not make enough plays in the first half.
- Very proud of the way our guys came out in the second half and we just took complete control of the game. Very fitting way to end a very strange year.
- Lisk is one of my favorite players on this entire team. He has a great attitude and is the epitome of a great teammate. He just wants to help the program any way he can. I don't think he is coming back and he is a pleasure to have on our team. He is a guy that helps everyone around us. The legend of Drew Lisk came to life in the second half. He will be able to tell this story for years.
- I said we had two options at half: "We can tell WSU that we don't want to play anymore and not show up or we can play like we are capable of."
- The interception was the tipping point to go to Lisk late in the first half.
-Next on the agenda is Tuesday night is to decide who will be coming back and be "super seniors".
- We are excited about this team that is coming back and we are optimistic about the future.
- It was critical for our defense to shut them down because we had very small margin for error and every play that was made was critical. When you are down 28-7 you have to go out and make a bunch of plays and we did that.
- We hope to have a regular offseason program and these five games gave our true freshman and redshirt freshman a great foundation to expose them to the speed of the college game.
- Offensive line deserves a shoutout too because three of our starting offensive line are freshman.
- We had two tough games at the beginning of the season and it looks like that we made a step forward each game and it will give us great momentum going into the offseason.
- CP3's upside is incredible and all of the other freshman on defense were exposed to good offenses right away and they are a positive all the way around. Cp3 has all the tools to be a great player.
- Moala was scratched from this game and that gave Devin kaufusi an opportunity and he has gotten better and better and we feel that he will be best on the inside at DT. Tennessee is a little undersized right now and needs to put on 15 pounds. We think that both will be great in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News