ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Opener Thoughts..

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
Game day is here, folks! Now let me just say, this could be a huge season. The defense is what it always is and the offense, well, from what we've seen and everyone I've talked to, boosters and staff haven't been this excited about the offense since Urban was here.

Here's the thing, Darnold is a stud, but I'm not sold on USC. To me, they always leave the door open for other South teams, even when they shouldn't. I think UCLA will surprise people and i also expect the Sun Devils to outperform expectations. That being said, despite having a tough schedule, the Utes finally have the depth to overcome most injuries.

Will the changes to the offseason conditioning program that Derek has discussed make a difference in November? We'll know soon enough. For now, just sit back, enjoy the ride, and know the momentum of the program and the perception of it nationally has never been better.

I won't predict that the Utes will win the South (I can't jinx them). What I will predict is that the Trojans will choke.

Everyone have fun and be safe tonight. It's now officially year two with me and my staff. Thank you to all of you for your contributions to this great Rivals community.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News