ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-game demeanor of the team

JackManUte

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2017
I was in San Antonio for the game. My close friend from college, myself, and my 5 year old son traveled to the game. We decided to cheer the team on as they left their hotel. While we were walking on the Riverwalk towards the hotel at approximately 3 pm, we could see two of the players on their hotel room balcony dancing around with their shirts off and blasting music. My buddy turned to me and said “I hope they’re not starters.” This was less than 4 hours from tip off and these guys did not appear to be getting in to game mode.

We went inside the hotel and waited close to the bottom of the stairwell. My 5 year old was very excited to see the players and especially Zack Moss. At approximately 3:50 pm the team started to walk down the stairs to the lobby. I recorded it on my phone. As the first players started to walk by, I was shocked.

The players appeared almost completely disinterested in the fans cheering them on and many ignored my son while he was trying to give them high 5s. They appeared dejected, sullen, and unhappy. Huntley didn’t look at the fans, Zack was sullen, and the vast majority appeared like they didn’t want to be there. I knew for certain that the game was lost. I watched the video again today and I have the same impression. They appeared completely disinterested and unmotivated. All of the coaches too appeared upset except for Whit. He was the only one that engaged the crowd. Scalley looked pissed off.

After the players got on the bus, my son ran outside to flash the U and wave to the team. Only one player on one bus acknowledged my son and waved back. The players didn’t look out their windows to the fans. My son felt bad. He was so excited to see the team and cheer them on.

We left the game before the 3rd quarter ended. We debated leaving at half time. We knew the game was lost.

In my opinion, something was really off. I don’t know what it was. Anything I write is pure speculation on my part. However, I believe based upon my observations that something was very wrong with the whole team. We can talk all we want about the Oregon loss and not making it to the playoffs, but I think it was something else. And whatever it was, it was dramatic.

I feel for my 5 year old who loves this team. He was so excited. Even at his age, he also knew something was off. As a disclaimer, we went to the Utah / Cal pregame walk. Every player high fived my son. Their faces were completely different before that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News