ADVERTISEMENT

Over/Under for Utah vs. Houston and Bonus thoughts...

JWunderli1

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2006
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I thought since we have a new OC that it would be fun to guess on a couple of over/unders. Let's go with 20 points and 400 yards (both of which should be well below Utah's averages based on preseason expectations but I think we have gone over 400 yards twice this season and I think we haven't hit 20 points in the last three games.

With that, I'm going under on yards and I'll be the eternal optimist on points and say that we get more than 20. At a minimum, I say we get two touchdowns, twice as many as we've gotten in each of our last three games, and three field goals. Hopefully we can do better and score 30+ points with at least 3 touchdowns but that might be asking for too much. It will be interesting to see the kind of plays that Bajakian calls and when he calls them.

On another note, Roderick continues to call good games, his receivers continue to get open and he also has a balanced attack. I've seen passes across the middle 10-15 yards down field, something we never did under Ludwig. BYU receivers have been open. They had a trick play that worked on a FG "attempt." I still hope for a BYU downfall but it doesn't look eminent at this point. If we could be them, that would be great and it would be a twist - us salvaging our season instead of them salvaging theirs by beating us.

Go Utes!!

Reactions: G3finally
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.