ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shakira or Cameron Diaz?

R

Running the Bulls

USFMBB - Stan Heath Quotes post-game

POST-GAME ANALYSIS
It was a tough loss. If you followed us, the game was almost a microcosm of similar games over the last, maybe eight games that we have played. We have been right there, one possession, one strong 3-point shot, a rebound, just a crucial play. Seems like we have been coming up short when it comes to making some of those plays. We battled.
I'm really proud of my guys and the fact that you lose games and you lose games that are right down to the wire and it would be easy to pack it in and give up, and we never did. We kept fighting, kept battling. We even got down in this game by 12, and I thought our guys turned it up another notch and had a chance to take the lead. I thought -- I think we had a 3-point shot or a couple of free-throws that would have taken the lead and didn't get those, but I'm proud of them. It was tough. These two guys right here give 100% and worked hard and tried to make plays for our basketball team.
We played without one of our premiere players the whole season in Anthony Collins, and yet we had other guys who picked up the slack and didn't make excuses and just played and tried to give ourselves a chance to win.

JOB SECURITY

I'm just going to do my job. I'm going to obviously evaluate our program right now and see what we need to do to improve it. Three-point shooting is a big area that we've got to improve. We have signed a really good player that can do that and we probably want to add a piece or two in that area. And the guys that we have, we have some good players, guys coming back, like Chris Perry and John Egbunu and for me it's about getting guys better, and my focus is on the basketball program and preparing for next season as best we can.

This post was edited on 3/12 11:04 PM by Running the Bulls

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT