ADVERTISEMENT

Nuggets on the Runnin’ Utes final scholarship for 2023-24

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
With Wahlin now officially a Ute, it’s important to remember there’s really only one scholarship left, as Carlson is fully expected to return. So where does that leave things?

Toledo’s RayJ Dennis is the unquestioned top target. From there, you’re looking at Lamar’s Nate Calmese or North Carolina’s D’Marco Dunn — all guards.

While Dennis is from the Midwest, his first two college seasons were actually at Boise State. I still think it’ll be hard to pull him away from Illinois (his home state) or Michigan.

Calmese, as already mentioned, has already visited. Dunn is expected to visit either this weekend or next (I can’t remember if the brief dead period is this weekend). There’s more positional versatility with Dunn, but Calmese has proven he can score, albeit in a lesser conference.

Dunn was recruited heavily by Burgess and BYU when he was playing HS ball in Arizona. Then his family moved to North Carolina and he blew up on the recruiting scene.

Unless RayJ were to commit, I don’t see the last scholarship being filled until after Dunn’s visit.

Those are the realistic ones currently left on the radar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News