ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Positive

UteStrong7

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2017
Ok, it’s no secret that I kinda hate what NIL and the transfer portal is doing to college football. It’s mostly sad.

But yesterday my 10 year son went to the Cam Rising football camp and got to train with the players he idolizes. Cam was teaching him with a small one on one conversation on how to drop back with your feet. Jaylon Glover took a picture with him. Dorian Singer signed his hat. Junior Taufuna raced my son’s friends in a 20 yard dash. Money Parks signed my son’s poster. They were all kind and accommodating to all the kids there!

It was such a positive event in my son’s life, one he’ll never forget. He walked away and said “I’m going to this EVERY year…best day of my life!!”

I know the players are getting paid for this. I’m ok with it. This is what NIL was SUPPOSED to be about. Those players made Ute fans for life. I LOVED NIL last night and am happy pay the $75 entrance fee for that experience.

So….for as much I despise rich old men “buying” players under NIL, I loved what happened last night. So a huge thank you to those players that were there (there were probably 20-30 players) and to the Utah football team for making that night possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News