ADVERTISEMENT

My tour of the new basketball facility

JWunderli1

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2006
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I had the opportunity to take my son and a friend of his to tour the new basketball facility today and I must say, it is off the hook. We got to see about every part of the facility except the women's locker room. Jakob Poeltl was there along with Brekkott and a few other players - it's Jakob's birthday. Every player and coach we met was very friendly and shook all of our hands. Poeltl definitely looks stronger than last year and when you see the weight room and training rooms, it's easy to see why. Reyes was on the treadmill in the pool and that was interesting to watch because there's video of how he's running under water.

I spoke with the strength coach a bit and he said that he has the players eating throughout the day including meals, snacks, fruit, shakes, etc. He also gets on the players regarding their sleep habits.

My tour guide told me a few interesting things. He said that Lauri used the gun in the gym when he was here on his visit and said he took 374 shots from 3 point land and made 81%. He said he's 6'11 and is not skinny and has a great frame. He said he's like Hanno and Keith, maybe not quite as athletic as Keith. He also said that they would know a lot more next week regarding Devon (and Lauri since he'll be done with his visits then).
I asked him who he thought was the most improved big and the most improved guard and he said Kyle without hesitation for the bigs - he's up to 220 - 225 lbs. He thought I. Wright was the most improved guard but had a hard time deciding. I thought Bonham and Bealer will both be good but said he really likes Ogbe who is currently slowed by an injury that I won't disclose just in case. They are hoping for (good) news very soon. He also mentioned that Brekkott is shooting really well and that they will have lots of flexibility with their lineups. I hope this little report gets you excited for basketball season. I bought 4 season tickets for basketball this morning. They're upper bowl but I'm hoping that I can upgrade to lower bowl seats over the years. Go Utes!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News