ADVERTISEMENT

My biggest Question From Rewatching the Game (Ignoring Redundant Week One Flaws).

G3finally

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2019
So rewatching the game, I see the promise everybody sees at TE and QB. I think we are all hopeful for better WR production this season, grateful Covey is healthy and that Enis looks ready to step up.

All that said, for me the biggest question is who is going to be RB #1 and RB #2 next week? The easy answer is Micah Bernard and Tavion Thomas but.......

I have question marks on Thomas. He came into camp out of shape and he is not securing the football. Watch the game again. It wasn't just the one fumble (one play type thing). It's a concern. Although Tavion's talent is obvious and he was super productive last night.

Anyway my bitching aside, I think it will end up being Micah Bernard and Tavion Thomas (the top 2 RBs), I do think Curry and Pledger need a little more time to show what they can do though.

My take on Thomas is basically from rewatching ALL of Tavion's carries last night. Yes Tavion had the best stats (over 100 yards rushing, 2 TDs and an impressive YPC, but I worry about future fumble issues. I expect many to say chill, it was just one mistake. But again, rewatch the game and tell me what you think. I submit Thomas holds the ball lose and waves it around in traffic and more importantly even when taking hits. Thomas doesn't secure the ball in general. Good defenses with strong athletes will be coached to expose this flaw. It's a concern to me. You guys?

What does everybody think about the RB depth chart update to come before next week's game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News