ADVERTISEMENT

Must see.....

kscott_2

Sophomore Poster
Gold Member
Aug 30, 2016
I just want to provide more clarification with the comparison between this year teams and last years team. I'm seeing a lot on social media how they are trying to give stats from last year and compare them to this year and assume that they are better or going to have a better shot at winning the pac12. You cant do that, here's why and I'm also going to give you an example of two pac-12 teams that were in the championship game last year in Stanford vs USC to show how we could correlate them to this year and last year team:

Also like i stated before, Its a totally different offensive approach - So stats from last year are not going to be as good as they are going to be this year because the attack is different. last years team was a very heavily run based team, no doubt about it (Stanford). This years team is more of a balanced team (USC).

Both teams are great - last year team what made us good on the offensive end is that we were efficient in red zone scoring. once we got down there we were able to punch the ball in there. the problem with us was we got into bad predicaments that put us in obvious pass situations and the defense knew what was coming. Fairly in some parts we were good at converting third downs which was key and kept the ball game in our control and we were able to manage the game without having to risk anything and the conservative approach could be used. On third down we'll throw the comeback route to the sticks and get the first down and run more time off the clock and keep possession in our hands and allowed us to be effective that way despite lack of production in the air. The comparison i would give to us is the Stanford offense, everything was flown through booker like how it is flown through Mccaffrey. You wont see a 1000 yard receiver in that offense, but what you would see is the receiver/TE used as possession players to keep that chain moving. The big plays that merely comes through the stanford offense are from McCaffrey like how it was with book.

Stanford Cardinal Stats - 2015
Year:

Passing Statistics
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Kevin Hogan 206 304 2867 67.8 9.43 27 8 171.0------ Travis

Rushing Statistics
NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
Christian McCaffrey 337 2019 6.0 70 (TD) 8 ----- Booker
Kevin Hogan 85 336 4.0 59 (TD) 6-------- Travis
Barry Sanders 51 315 6.2 65 (TD) 4------ Joe W

Receiving Statistics
NAME REC YDS AVG LONG TD
Christian McCaffrey 45 645 14.3 75 (TD) 5------- booker
Michael Rector 34 559 16.4 53 (TD) 7------- Covey
Austin Hooper 34 438 12.9 42 (TD) 6------ Kscott
Devon Cajuste 27 383 14.2 42 3----- Harrison Hand
Bryce Love 15 250 16.7 93 (TD) 1----- Tyrone S

This year offense is somewhat opposite. They lack finishing drives and often have to settle for field goals way too often. The turnovers are insane right now but that should be cleared up, too many fumbles and INT's but as the season rolls on i think and hope it gets cleared up. But i love the passing approach and the different personnel usage. This team reminds me of a USC type offense. I say that because USC is known for having many playmakers on the offensive end and surrounding players around them. Our RB's this year will have a similar ooutput like USC's many people carrying the ball getting a lot of production from different people. Troy williams is going to have the adavantage because we are throwing the ball a lot more than years previous. Tim is going to possibly eclipse the 1000 yard mark because of that. CBB is going to be like Adoree jackson and provide that lethal weapon on those screens. So our stats are going to look just like USC's.

USC Trojans Stats - 2015

Passing Statistics
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD INT RAT
Cody Kessler 298 446 3536 66.8 7.93 29 7 151.7 ------- Troy Williams

Rushing Statistics
NAME CAR YDS AVG LONG TD
Ronald Jones II 153 987 6.5 74 (TD) 8 ---------- Shad Moss
Justin Davis 169 902 5.3 43 7 -------- Troy Mac
Tre Madden 85 452 5.3 65 (TD) 5 ---------- Ahmad Shyne

Receiving Statistics
NAME REC YDS AVG LONG TD
JuJu Smith-Schuster 89 1454 16.3 75 (TD) 10 -------- Tim Pat
Adoree' Jackson 27 414 15.3 83 (TD) 2 ---------- CBB
Steven Mitchell Jr. 37 335 9.1 28 4 ----------- Tyrone S
Darreus Rogers 28 289 10.3 27 (TD) 3 ---------- Raelon S
Justin Davis 18 189 10.5 23 0 -------- Kyle F

You see both teams were good and made it to the championship game. Both teams have their flaws and advantages, So i hope this ends the debate from last year to this year team cause the offensive style of approach is different on all levels but the same thing could be accomplished or even better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News