ADVERTISEMENT

Moaning and groaning re: Jaxson Dart

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
Quietly watching some Ute fans gnashing teeth that Dart got away. I get it - local guy does good and goes to the enemy while Utah doesn't (or does) offer. I am happy that Utah lid Costelli. I hope Costelli does great things and becomes the next Ute QB in the league. I am not in the damn, wish we got Dart camp. I think he will be great but do we really know?

I think a lot of the Dart mania is the mania associated with another legacy Ute (fan) wearing blue and tearing it up in Provo that was never offered by Utah (who took a kid that got bounced himself). Who knows what these kids will become? I look at it this way though... Who would make a better Ute? Going back to Wilson - I doubt Wilson ever becomes who he is today at Utah. Coming into this year that kid was on the $#it list of most Coug fans given the losses he had in previous years and the close equivalency in TD to INTs made. That would not have stood at Utah. Whitt wouldn't have allowed it. BYU has had a environment where they are OK with gunslingers and they are more pass happy so he had the chance to blossom there. Good for him - it worked out just fine for the kid. At the end of the day the kid has shown a lively arm and he is going to get his shot at the league. Again, good for him.

What does that have to do with Dart? Utah runs more of a pro-set. Costelli fits that mold (or so it would seem). Dart comes from a 50+ attempt school which aligns more with USC is trying to do. Costelli is a fit for what Utah wants to do; Dart is a fit for what USC wants to do. That is OK. Let's hope Costelli accomplishes what we want him too - high completion %; 20-25 throws a game; low INTS and Rose Bowls.

So long as Utah continues to pile up the Ws folks should just sit back and enjoy the trajectory Utah is on without worrying about TDS and guys that went elsewhere. Good day to be a Ute!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News