ADVERTISEMENT

Let's Talk Tyler Huntley

medute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2012
The Good:
- He throws a really nice ball. In the past, we have had quarterbacks who completed passes but they didn't put it in the right spot to help the receiver or get it there quick enough. Huntley seemed to have no problem with this skill. And numerous times, he put the ball only where his wide receiver could catch it. A perfect example of that is the touchdown to Carrington.
- We saw a glimpse of his escapability and ability to extend plays and throw on the run. Pretty impressive.
- He can really get the ball out quick on those laser screens. Very important skill for this offense
- I love the improvisation. The couple of side arm throws, the creativity, and some of those jukes we're downright ankle breaking.

The not as good
- I honestly worry that he's going to get hurt with the way that he plays. He doesn't exactly avoid shots from the defense when he runs and when the bigger and faster pac 12 athletes come at him, there is a significant risk there
- We didn't see a lot of the long ball, but it definitely needs work
- I understand getting excited about your first big game and big touchdown, but the celebration penalties need to stop going forward. You can't give up that extra 15 yards to good opponents. Hopefully just a one time thing. I'm not worried.
- The INT was just a bad decision to throw with guys grabbing him. Something to learn from.

Random:
- It's interesting that he doesn't use the laces when he throws the football. I don't remember the last time that I saw that.

Overall, I could see how he won the QB competition. His accuracy is very good on short to medium balls, he gets the ball there quickly, he is decisive, he is creative, and his running was a definite weapon. He has a bright future. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News