ADVERTISEMENT

It's been over a month.......

G3finally

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2019
It's been over a month since we have brought up TV rights and solidification of a supposed deal from anybody here on Ute Nation. For me, leaving it alone since then felt right since there was a strong burnout on this topic from a considerable percentage here. At least that's how I viewed it.

Does anybody want to discuss this anymore or just wait until whatever happens? How long do we go along with convincing ourselves that a good deal is in place that the conference is on board with and we are just waiting for lawyers to go over details for finalization?

Sorry guys, it just seems delusional to me to just wave pom poms of hope based on contacts who have incentive to sell a positive PAC outcome.

On the flip side, of course Dodd is absolutely full of major shit. He always has been. And BIG 12 propaganda has been everywhere. It still is. Nevertheless, with smoke, isn't there an undercurrent of fire somewhere? Seriously, it's not as if the media and reporting in favor of a solid PAC has anymore credibility than those preying upon the PAC during this stagnant delay process.

Do we as a group, really want to leave this discussion alone? If so, I guess I can wait another month or MORE to bring it up again.

I know some of you are more connected than I am in terms of what's going on behind the curtain. But does anybody really have a beat on an outcome here. Sources for and against all have loyalties to an agenda. Nobody is credible. Convince me otherwise.

This is NOT a doom and gloom post. I will be overjoyed if the TV deal is worth what heartless has stated it will be all along. That being somewhere in the $35-40 Million range per team with viewing outcomes resulting in some satisfactory streaming to linear combination. Is that what we are all really waiting on? Or does anybody want to reopen this conversation?

Again, I can continue to let this all rest like I have this last month. That is if that's what is desired on Ute Nation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News