ADVERTISEMENT

INSTANT REACTION: No overreaction, folks... That D, though!

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
Well, a few thoughts...

-I enjoy watching Moss run more than any Utes running back in recent memory. That 86 yarder was something we hadn’t seen from him yet. Keep that man healthy and those numbers will be insane.

-Simpkins had a rough night—I’ll have to look back at the film—but a lot of that falls on Huntley too. I expect Demari to bounce back in a big way next week.

-After Covey got the jitters out, wow, just wow. That long run was something else. I get that he fumbled, but I’m surprised he didn’t take more chances on his returns.

-How vicious is this Utah defense? Is there really any weakness? I still want to see the defensive ends hold the edge against a legit team, but that was one helluva showing. I wanna look back at the film, before going too in-depth on them, but every position group had highlight worthy plays, tonight.

-The freshmen look special. Kuithe, Fortheringham, Green, Enis, Shelley, Dixon, and Lloyd. I need to see the film before speaking on Ford and Tafua’s play, but I don’t remember seeing this many freshmen have this great of a first game—they all had exciting moments.

-Overall, the offense needs to improve. Huntley has been in sync all fall, but things were just off tonight. He’ll be fine, so don’t overreact on it.

Great opening night, now on to NIU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News