ADVERTISEMENT

INSTANT REACTION: Four game losing streaks suck

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
Welp, a four game losing. YIKES. This season went south, fast.

-This team is mentally defeated and it's time for the staff to find out who is mentally tough and wants to push through this. It's time to develop the younger guys, if some guys aren;t showing the right mentality.

-Most rushing yards given up since 2009, man, what is going on with this defensive line? It's not just the defensive ends, the linebackers are responsible for this, too. Injuries happen, but the fact that Utah doesn't have depth at defensive end--a traditional strength--is a complete head-scratcher. Repp is 220 pounds, he's currently only good for rushing the passer. Tupai has become more of a tweener. After gaining weight, I've heard that he's lost his burst, that made him so special in high school. From there, who knows how long it will be before Fitts and Anae are fully healthy, but it's a stretch to have to rely on walk-ons.

-It's beginning to look like a huge transition period for the offensive line. Not only were they green coming into the season, there's no depth, and they're struggling blocking in the new system. This I would say has more to do with the RPO.

-The opposing QB throws for 47 yards, but puts up 41 points. Enough said there, just shaking my head.

-If Carrington played with a healthy Huntley, all season, he'd be well over 1,000 yards, already.

-I want to see Ippolito utilized on offense, more often. It's a small size, but he looks like the type that could get an NFL look at fullback. He blocks and hits hard, plus he can catch.

Vent away, folks. You won't hearing me calling for anyone's job, but your frustrations are justifiable.

Reactions: Hockeybeard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News