ADVERTISEMENT

I'm truly sorry for this.

Skullduggery

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2006
I've heard for years people talk about Bronco-speak but never really appreciated its nuances until I read this interview he did with Mr. Impossible. There were moments while reading when I started to wonder if I was having some sort of cerebral event that was messing with my cognitive abilities. I had to ask my wife to check me for symptoms of a stroke.

Here's what I mean:

"When I speak in absolutes," said Mendenhall, "I know that doesn't work very well for expectations, because then that just means they're going to be met or not. But at some point, inclusion has to happen.

Speaking (I think) about forcing the Big 12 to have a championship game, he argued both that it was a disadvantage and an advantage that they don't have one.

"If the playoff isn't expanded," Mendenhall says, "someone will be left out. There are five P5 conferences, and only four (teams) get in. This past year, the conference that did not get in did not have a championship game. That, to me, has to change.

"If I were one of the teams from the conferences that had a championship game, I would demand and influence in every way possible, that all five of the conferences have a championship game. That is one thing that I think has to happen."

One last one because I've got to have that stroke test again.

"If a conference wanted to add more teams...if they think that someone like BYU could add value to their conference in terms of credibility, revenue, marketability, viewership and identity, they would love the ability to do that, then somehow sort out the way their championship or divisions would work.

Last edited:
Reactions: MUSSter Ute
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News