ADVERTISEMENT

Hotel recommendations

Flynn #5

Junior Poster
Dec 16, 2007
Congratulations on your admission to the PAC 10. I think that the Utes will be very successful! I am coming in for the Pitt game and was looking for a recommendation on a place to stay. Is their a location that you would suggest? We will be renting a car but would prefer to be near campus and the stadium. Thanks for any help!

There is a Marriott in University Research Park which is within walking distance. The better hotels are downtown but still only 2-3 miles away and there is a trax train which goes directly to the stadium. I would suggest the Little America for a moderately priced but very comfortable hotel. The Grand America (5 Star) is right across the street if you want high end.

If you are interested in the night life (bars, clubs, good restaurants) I would stay downtown. Like what was mentioned before, Little America is nice and has a great breakfast buffet.

Some other nice hotels....there is a Marriot downtown, a Hotel Monaco, a Hilton, the Peery Hotel and list could go on and on. All those mentioned, plus a ton more, are downtown and our TRAX system will drop you off at the stadium for a few $'s. Plus you wouldn't have to fight traffic after the game.

Another option is staying up big or little cottonwood canyon's. Solitude, Snowbird, and Alta all have places to stay and it would only be a 20-30 min drive to the game. It will be cooler in the mountains, but this is Utah and we are known for those canyons. A definite must drive even if you don't stay in the canyons.

Come early and walk through the tailgate lot, southeast of the Stadium, we are fairly friendly to visiting fans, unless they are BYU fans, and it's a fun place.

I think the Marriott City Center (a lot nicer than Marriott Downtown) would be your best bet if you want to stay at a newer, centrally located Marriott hotel. I wouldn't stay at the University Marriott as it is away from the downtown restaurants, etc. Just take Trax (light rail system) up to the stadium and stay downtown.
This post was edited on 7/1 10:52 PM by Utesichiban

All of the suggestions above are good ones. I typically fly in from LA for a few games. I stay at the Marriott at the University. It is walking distance albeit uphill on the way home. It is a very nice walk, great view of the City and the mountains.

The University hotel is where our team stays prior to the game. They do check out prior to the game so the night of the game is typically very quiet.

Taking TRAX is also a good suggestion, traffic out of the parking lots after the game are congested and it takes time to get out of the lots. Lines for TRAX also take some time to dissipate but not so bad. Night life is definitely better in down town after a game.

Tom Flynn(the flyer) #5=one of best ever at Pitt

g
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

If you have a rental I agree driving up one of the canyons is a MUST! I probably wouldn't recommend staying up there though. Unless your taking some random hot female that you would like to guarentee taking advantage of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT