ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: UTAH @ ARIZONA ST.

M. Mansell

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Sep 22, 2016
Welcome one and welcome all to the Utah @ Arizona St. game thread. Once again I'm your host Mike Mansell, and I'm excited for this match up this evening that has much to offer.

Three things I am looking for in tonight's game are:

1. Injury return:

Both Arizona St. and Utah both have key players returning from injury for tonight's game. For Utah Marcus Williams will play, Lo Falemaka is available, Troy McCormick is available, and Cory Butler-Byrd's stays is up in the air. For Arizona State QB Manny Wilkins returns which will give the Sun Devils Offense a big boost.

2. Utah's Offense vs. Arizona's Defense:

Arizona's pass defense has thrashed by pass happy offense's this year. Cal, Texas Tech, and Washington St. have had their way with the Sun Devils this year. Arizona State likes to blitz heavy and often leaving way for the big pass play. Arizona's run Defense has been very good with the except of the Colorado game. It will be interesting to see if Troy Williams can get the ball out of his hand quick and Joe Williams can run the ball well against the Sun Devil D.

3. Utah has everything to lose, Arizona State has nothing to lose:

Utah has the Pac-12 south title on the line and has to win out. Arizona State has nothing on the line other then trying to be bowl eligible. It's a Thursday night, Senior Night, Blackout game in Tempe and strange things happen on Thursday night in the PAC-12. Utah hasn't played well in conference in November and hasn't played well in Arizona period. Will they rise up and take care of business or will Arizona take advantage of the situation at hand.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News