ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Camp Day 5- 8.9.16

M Bodkin

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2013
Today was the first day in full pads for the Utes and it was great to hear that "crack". Here is what stood out in today's practice.

1) I definitely think the defense won the day, but I don't think it was by as overwhelming a margin as it has been in the past. The offense held their own and fought back, I just think the defense played a little cleaner.

2) I'm really quite excited about Utah's defensive backfield. The defensive line is getting a ton of love and for good reason but I think Utah's DBs will make people pause and think for a moment as well. They are physical and competitive. My favorite moment during the 20 minute session was Reggie Porter jumping up to reach a ball that only Caleb Repp should have been able to get and swatting it away.

3) People have asked where Manalo has been, I'm here to report he is alive, well, and still a load to bring down. He had a couple of nice runs today where he moved the pile. The running backs are a ridiculously deep and talented group.

4) Despite having the ball swatted away by Porter earlier in practice Repp made a beautiful catch in the middle of the field (yes, I said the middle of the field) and danced his way through defenders for some extra YAC. Cox was the QB on that play and he read and delivered the ball well.

5) Tyler Huntley had an impressive play where the line broke down and he was surrounded by defensive linemen. He stayed calm and moving, escaped the pressure and found Chad Hekking for a significant gain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News