ADVERTISEMENT

Enough is enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
What Morgan said was wrong. Period. He has to make amends for it but more on that later....

It seems to be that the exchange was started by Shah with Shah using the "n" word. Morgan replied to it using the "n" word but the exchange went to a player instead.

I am tired of it. If I heard my child use that word then all hell would break loose and they would be in hot water with me. But every damn time I walk into a room or ride in a car and my child is listening to music that word is used often and freely. I demand it be shut off. I am not pious; I am not without my own share of sin. I do however deplore that word. Our children are inundated with it. It is everywhere. I am tired of people of color saying they "earned the right to use that word." BS TO THE MAX. That word is a hateful, ugly and awful word. It is demeaning and for the life of me I do not know why it is acceptable anywhere, in any context, in any medium or by any individual.

We say it is OK for it to be thrown around and marketed to our children but it is NOT ok when they in turn use it. It is hypocritical, it is ugly, it is ignorant and the word needs to be eliminated from everyone's lexicon.

I would no sooner accept two women referring to each other as "c####" than I would accept two people of color referring to each other this way. It is wrong.

If Morgan intended to send this text to Coach Whitt or another caucasian or ethnicity then he needs to be terminated. If Whitt talks this way among other non african american people then he needs to be terminated.

If Morgan intended to send this text to Shah because it was hip and he was trying to fit in with POC then that is a different story altogether... Not one that anyone should be proud of, condone or accept but one that deserves a second chance and a complete promise that it is eliminated from the program completely among all individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News