ADVERTISEMENT

Crestfallen....

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
Short of a team plane crashing I cannot imagine a worse scenario for a team to endure. The TJ tragedy followed by the murder of his close friend, jersey honoree and scholarship winner - in front of players no less. It's a massive blow to a fragile team. Word is Scalley spoke at his church yesterday and was sobbing as he spoke about it. My daughter on campus saw a young man alone, clearly a member of the team - crying by himself. The emotional toll on the players, the coaching staff, the administration, the athletic department is massive - as massive a toll as it is to the school, it is unimaginable to the Lowe and Jordan families. My heart hurts for them all.

This year it is no longer about football. I have zero care if they win or lose a game. I am simply hoping the team, the staff and the school finds peace and healing. This is going to be an incredibly tough turn of events to get through. From a person who has been critical of the W/L's I am hoping we can suspend that for the remainder of the year and just show support for a team that must be aching in the worst way possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News