ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment Update: Zyon McCollum

MSaltas

All-American Poster
Aug 31, 2016
Just spoke to 2017 commit Zyon McCollum, who committed to Utah in the summer along with his brother, Tristin. Morgan Scalley was the one who offered them, and Zyon told me he's really excited to have him as a coordinator and the staff talks with he and his brother constantly. They are being recruited to play corner and both are around 6'0-6'1 and about 175 pounds. They have big frames so they should be able to put on some muscle and weight. Here's what he had to say about yesterday's win and what he saw out of Utah's secondary:
"The defense as a whole showed great strength and it is definitely a performance that will serve as a firm foundation for the coming season. The performance from the secondary definitely excited me. It is ultimately a reflection of the coaches which excites me even more. The fact that there are 3 seniors is a good thought if we talk about possible playing time but I planned to fight for a position and win it no matter their prestige. In all, I look forward to getting down to Salt Lake and progressing positively as a football player and we'll see where it goes from there!!"

He also said that he and his brother will be visiting the weekend of the Oregon game, and that he's really looking forward to seeing the facilities first hand. These two should be studs in the Utah system and are the types of coach-able players that have thrived under Coach Shah as of late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News