ADVERTISEMENT

Byu Week- Initial Thoughts

DSpight

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2016
After watching AZ lose to Byu last night...Here are my thoughts heading in to Byu week.

Media access and information is going to be very limited this week. Coach Whittingham is locked in right now and he is not going to chance the players being anything other than focused. I do know that the players watched the game last night, it was a free film session. Let's analyze Byu a little bit.

Defense- Harvey Langi looks to be thriving in that DE spot. Which is good for Byu because he seems to be Utah's main concern with the loss of Travis Tuiloma who will be out a couple of weeks. While AZ only managed to score 15 pts, Byu allowed Nick Wilson to reach 7.1 ypc. That bodes well for Troy McCormick and Joe Williams. We didn't really see AZ test Byu's corners, due to Solomon's inability to make good decisions. I do think Utah will success throwing the football.

Offense- Taysom is not the same QB we have come to know. He has lost a step. However, Hill seems to be smarter with the football. His inaccuracies throwing the football showed up again last night which leads me to believe that Utah's secondary will have takeaway opportunities. Laulu-Pututau emerged as a favorite target for Hill last night and I expect that trend to continue. Pearson had was targeted as well. My biggest concern as of right now is Jamal Williams. He is a quality back and he could cause problems for Utah if the D doesn't play disciplined football. With that being said, it will be strength on strength this coming Saturday, Utah's run D vs Byu's run game. I take Utah in the match-up everyday of the week, and twice on Sunday.....

In my opinion, Byu is out matched in this football game and barring some major issue, this game should never be in doubt for the Utes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News