ADVERTISEMENT

Brock Huard, Realignment, TV Deal, New Order....

95 Ute

All-American Poster
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2007
Starting a new thread for the realignment part but I think Brock is good analyst with good opinions and a thoughtful approach. That said... Much ado about nothing in his thread and comments. TV deal matters but not much.... Why? Because another shake up is coming , no one wants (nor should) to tie themselves down too much because the shake up is coming.... Schools should tread cautiously, slowly, and with one foot already out the door.

Here is what I think we can expect in the next years:

The Big10 Expands. North Carolina, Virginia, Norte Dame, and Duke go to there. Big is now a 20 team conference.
The SEC Expands. Clemson, Florida State, Virginia Tech, and Oklahoma State go there. SEC is now a 20 team conference.

That leaves a complete mess in its wake.... Speaking of wake..., they are left out (more on that in a minute). Everyone scrambles, panic ensues, alignments are squashed and here is what is left. The left out column could be wrong but then plug or play with others. You need to be worried if you are on the left.... And if your name is BYU, Texas Tech, Kansas State, etc. you could swap them out and replace them with someone in the "Left Out" column. There should be 12 to 15 teams worried. But I fully expect something like this will happen. It will be a game of musical chairs and someone isn't going to get one.

New ConferenceLeft Out
Boston College
Georgia TechSyracuse
LouisvilleWake Forest
MiamiIowa State
NC StateCincinatti
PittUCF
SDSUTCU
BaylorHouston
Kansas StateWazzu
Texas TechOregon State
West Virgina