ADVERTISEMENT

ASU Game Thoughts and Some Impressive Numbers

Alex Markham

All-American Poster
Staff
Nov 16, 2011
What a game, what a game. First off, let’s get the ugly numbers of the way:

-Four turnovers, while Utah’s D probably should have had two pick-6’s.

-AT LEAST three ugly cheap shots. I know there were more from ASU, so chime in on what you saw...

A win is a win and the weather was ugly. I also think the Hallandale trio, who committed all four turnovers, was just too juiced and trying to do too much on their fumble. Again, it’s a win, and those three are too good not to head into practice and fix that.

Now to the good numbers...

-Take a bow, Zack Moss. In a time and era where so many records seem to have asterisks, Moss actually broke Eddie Johnson’s record in 10 fewer games. Crazy enough though, Moss broke it on his 565 carry, one more than Johnson had. Moss is now the undisputed G.O.A.T. for Utah running backs, also doing it against top flight competition.

-Moss also tied Del ‘Popcorn’ Rodgers, someone my dad and grandpa used to talk about when I was younger, so anyone that wants to chime about how special Rodgers was, please do.

-Huntley’s streak of passes without an interception, ended at 149, going back to his last game of 2018. By then, his leg was obviously bothering him and it was about time for a meaningless INT. That’s one helluva streak.

-As Moss became the school’s all-time leading rusher, Huntley passed Alex Smith for second place in rushing yards by Utah quarterbacks with 1,085. He should pass Travis Wilson’s record of 1,225 depending on his injury... AND I spoke with Tyler’s mom near the end of the game and she said he’s fine and said it with a smile.

-With three sacks last night, Bradlee Anae is nearing the Utes sack record held by Hunter Dimick. Can he do it??? It’s definitely possible... AND oh lord, he loved attacking Daniels last night.

-ASU’s longest drive, went 28 yards.... WOW.

-ASU had a streak of 125 games of scoring in double-figures, an NCAA record. Props to Morgan Scalley and the boys for ending that in convincing fashion. They did it with being put in some less than ideal situations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News